It's officially Fall time (hooray)! Weather is cooling, the trees are beginning to produce beautiful leaves, and football season has kicked off! We're here to give you some of the quick and easy tricks to help your home not attract the pests during the fall months!
5 easy ways to help protect from pests:
1. Seal your home- As the temperatures start to drop, the survival resources these insects need (food, water, warmth, shelter) become harder to find. They're heading straight to your home to find what they need! Make sure that all cracks of windows, doors, caulk around bathroom fixtures and kitchen appliances are properly sealed. This is key in helping to keep the bugs out. Kitchen and bathroom appliances have water supply throughout, so any unsealed cracks will attract the water-thirsty insects quickly.
2. Clean up all leaf/wood clutter- The roaches are seeking warm shelter, and they find that in the fall leaves of your yard. Raking up the leaves, and moving any wood you anticipate to burn inside will help to not provide shelter for insects like termites. Termites are attracted to cellulose in wood. Cellulose is a natural substance that can also be found in leaves. When leaves start to decay, they have a scent that termites smell from far far away. The leaves don't keep the termites content for long. A nearby pile of wood for them to burrow is their favorite hangout spot. The last thing we want to happen is your yard attracting termites to your home!
3. Remove cobwebs- You'll want to remove any signs of cobwebs at first sight. As you may know, spiders lay eggs, and they manifest like crazy, quickly. Many types of spiders are prevelent in the fall to winter months: common house spider, orb-weevers, brown recluse, and list goes on. Brown recluse, among many, can be very threatning. The brown recluse spider will bite if felt threatened, injecting venom into its victim. This in turn could cause sever allergic reactions.
4. Keep kitchen counters clean & food stored properly- It may seem obvious, but storing food properly and keeping things clean can never be overly-emphasized. Keeping food properly sealed, or even in airtight containers will ensure there is nothing attracting the pests to certain entry points in your home. Crumbs left behind and build-up of garbage are the most succeptible things to attracting insects and pests in your home. The National Pest Management Association recommends properly cleaning up after every meal, and making sure that desposed garbage is properly sealed in the containers.
5. Call for pest control- Beyond what you can do to prevent and prepare for the pests yourself at home, PestGuard is here to help. We provide immediate help and solutions to ensure these pests don't invade and disturb your home! If you feel that there are issues that can't be addressed with the self solutions and tips provided, feel free to call us for a FREE ESTIMATE. Proudly serving Greenville, SC and the surrounding Upstate!
"These guys are the best! They are kind and respectful to our property and their techs are always friendly. The product is great too! Where we are, pests are a big problem and PestGuard has given us a sense of ease of mind living in our home. And they respond immediately. I can't recommend them highly enough!"
"In addition to addressing our flea infestation, they came to the house to do our termite bond, a fire ant treatment, and had to come back a couple times to deal with the INSANE flea problems in our newly purchased home. I was hesitant to even contact them again when the fleas persisted after their 30-day guarantee time period because most people would charge again...but Tyler came back even after that period of time to deal with them until they were finally gone! I wouldn't hesitate to use this company again and would highly recommend."
"Very nice, friendly, professional and quick. The Price was WAY better than the 5 companies I called earlier that day and I spoke directly to someone, no extra or waits. Definitely going be my go to pest control place. Already recommending them to friends and family."
"I have used other local companies in the past and was never satisfied. PestGuard went above and beyond to take care of my home. They are respectful, trustworthy, and honest. Highly recommend."
"After recently buying our first home, we encountered some issues with a very, very wet crawl space. When we contacted our home inspector and Tyler, they both went way out of their way to help fix a problem that wasn't truly theirs. Tyler was prompt, friendly, and honest. He helped calm any fears I had about having a wet crawl space and got the problem solved. We will certainly be customers in the future!"
"Company was very professional and honest from the start. Tech was extremely helpful and thorough. Highly recommend to anyone that needs termite protection and warranty coverage."
"PestGuard showed up quickly for emergency services, prices very satisfactory and exemplary service! Very friendly and professional. Highly recommended!!!"
"Tyler and team did a fantastic job addressing our crawlspace issues that included moisture remediation and dry rot too. They are experts in crawlspace ventilation with self controlling vents and fans. We use them for our termite bond and pest treatments on all our properties."
"This company was so pleasant and professional on the phone prior to the at appointment and explained all the options. He was prompt on arrival and once again explained everything he would cover. I highly recommend PestGuard Solutions."
"I had Tyler come out and perform termite prevention and pest control. All I can say is it was an absolutely wonderful experience. Tyler is very knowledgeable, courteous, friendly, and through. I wish I could give them more than 5 stars!"
"Fast, nice professional service, will definitely recommend to friends & family."
"Tyler is very professional and very easy to work with!!! Loved doing business with him... He always looks out for the customers best interest."
"Mike the technician was really friendly an did a wonderful job!! Thank you all so much i can finally relax!!"
"Could not be more pleased with the service I received from Tyler this week. He sprayed the inside, outside, and even sprayed for mosquitoes. I am finally able to enjoy my backyard without being attacked! Outstanding customer service!"
"The gentleman was knowledgeable, respectable and efficient in the work. His prices were very reasonable. He treated the house and gave us a good quote on moisture control. I contracted him to do my termite control. Very satisfied!"
"They are big enough to take care of any problem I have. BUT! They are also just small enough to still care about the customer. I will use them again and highly recommend them to anyone and everyone I know."
"Very courteous and punctual. Super friendly."
"I have had the most amazing pleasure of working with PestGuard Solutions. It's very refreshing working with a company like PestGuard who does what they say they are going to do when they say they are going to do it. I would recommend them to anyone."
"Great company,we had a deadline to get this work done, They made it happen for us. We really appreciated his help."
"PestGuard Solutions is phenomenal! Excellent service and very reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend them if you have any pest control or moisture problems."
"I would definitely recommend this company. Hard to find this much attention to detail. They were also prompt and courteous."
"Very trustworthy and an extremely hard worker! Tyler is very knowledgeable and thorough! You will not be disappointed!"
"After using PestGuard Solutions on a rental property of mine, I felt compelled to give him additional properties based on his knowledge, service and professionalism. He takes customer service seriously and it shows. All companies talk the talk, few can do the walk ! I would recommend PestGuard for all your extermination needs."
"Excellent service! Very friendly and professional! No more bugs in my home thanks to PestGuard! I highly recommend them!"
"Great prices! Arrived on time (for my termite treatment), very thorough, explained everything, job was completed in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this company!"
"PestGuard did a wonderful job. On time, showed great attention to detail and was very professional. Me wife and I had them out to handle our termite problem. Price was very fair and the work exceeded our expectations. They provided us a great guarantee as well. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality job at a affordable price. "
"Courteous, called to confirm appointment the day before. Was on time and prepared to do what we had agreed upon, Actually went above and beyond to make sure everything was to my satisfaction."